Sunday, February 28, 2010

This is how we dream 1 & 2

Richard Miller's videos brought some great ideas to the table. He gives useful tips on how technology can be used in the classroom. He addresses how writing in culture has changed. Communication is instantly possible with someone on the other side of the world.

Books are eventually going to be all electronic. Mr. Miller collaborates print documents, sound documents and visual documents. This use of technology is very intimidating t0 me. News papers are now embracing mode of composing print base and moving image base.

One part of the video that stands out to me is when Dr. Millers says "that Ideas don't belong to us individually but belong to us as a culture." Educators should distribute information freely to help other inspiring teachers and also students. I'm personally not ready for this level of technology that Dr. Millers is using but hope that one day I will be equip with the knowledge to use this in the classroom.

Networked Student

I thought this video was quite informing. This type of learning allows the student to independently learn and make a large PLN. This video talks about itunes U which lets you subscribe to podcast and other useful stuff. A students can subscribe to the best lectures in the world on itunes U.

By building a PLN, a student gets many views of the subject that they are learning. This just goes back to the old saying, "two heads are better than one." You can learn more information from many different resources. You can blog your ideas on the subject and help other students as well.

Although learning is becoming more independent, teachers are still needed. Teachers should should stay updated on new types of technology and help the students in acquiring a bigger PLN. Students should have the option of having a teacher there to help them along their learning experience.

Michael Wesch

I absolutely agree with Mr. Wesch. Mr. Wesch talks about how media has a huge impact on our culture. He talks about how generations overtime change. People learn new ideas, words, etc everyday. Today's world is amused by all the different types of media. Mr. Wesch brings up some interesting points in this video.

PLN

I am now a follower of Dr. Strange on twitter. This is my first time using twitter. I am still searching for some podcast to subscribe to. I really enjoyed the Kid Cast. I hope to find something that deals with history. I've subscribed to a couple of Kid Cast episodes.

Comment 4kids

I commented on the how to play tennis essay. The essay broke down the steps in playing tennis. It was a very helpful blog. I thanked him for writing such a great post.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your posts. I think that all books are going to become electronic very soon too, because honestly this generation never uses the library. I also hope I will be able to be an effective teacher and use technology to the best of my ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post very much! I agree that soon all the books we use will be electronic. I do not even use books in some of my class right now, everything we need is on a website of some sort. I am also not ready for this level of technology but hopefully I will be in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog. I also agree that Mr. Miller's video was very helpful and his ideas can be used in the classroom. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete