Friday, February 12, 2010

Wikipedia

This blog is informing that the Wikipedia site is not a reliable source. In high school, I sited Wikipedia as a source, and my teacher quickly informed me that it is not a good source or site to get information. I always thought since it was the first site that came up that it was the best source. Although, Wikipedia is basically just another encyclopedia. It does have good information, but this blog points out how anybody can edit it at anytime. This makes it an unreliable source when writing research papers and essays.

What I've Learned This Year

Mr. MCclung's blog gives some very useful information when it comes to teaching students and also learning as a teacher. He gives a short background of his early teaching career. He explains how you can make out the perfect lessons plan,and they still might fall through. He describes how the students should be the main focus in the classroom. Teachers should listen to the students with an open mind.

Comment 4Kids

I commented on Tony's blog. His blog gave useful information on how to cartoon yourself. He gave a list of online tools that he used. I told him that I thought this was pretty cool and that I appreciate the list on what tools to use.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very important to hear what someone who is currently teaching has to say about the classroom. Mr. McClung has been through some things that I remember going through and that helps me remember and tell my students about as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you on the Wikipedia portion of your blog. Ive never had a teacher say it was good to use Wikipedia. Also the video that we had to watch on it showed how useless it is because it can be changed at anytime by anybody to make there point more appealing to people. I don't like Wikipedia and have also gotten in trouble for using it in papers and speeches.

    ReplyDelete